Enterprise IT and low-code platform, OutSystems, has some very powerful DevOps features. Whilst OutSystems core strength is speed of development, it’s easy to miss some of the other amazing features the platform has. Today we look at how OutSystems and DevOps compliment each othe.
OutSystems over the last 6 months has released multiple new DevOps features that aim to help enterprise IT shops realise the benefits of low-code development. While enterprise IT struggles with established DevOps toolchains for their legacy platforms, OutSystems can now be easily integrated into these toolchains to allow seamless deployments across legacy technologies and modern low-code platforms.
“OutSystems wants all organizations to take advantage of the development speed of low-code – this is fundamental to them achieving their digital transformation goals,” said Paulo Rosado, CEO of OutSystems. “Where organizations have an existing investment in DevOps tooling, we want to break any barriers to entry and make it easy to add our platform into their toolchain.”
New OutSystems DevOps features include:
- Enhanced LifeTime Deployment API: The Deployment API allows the management of applications, modules, environments and deployments of an OutSystems infrastructure. This allows DevOps teams to use their existing DevOps orchestration platforms to manage the lifecycle of applications built on and running within OutSystems.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services Integration: Leveraging the Enhanced LifeTime Deployment API, OutSystems is announcing a supported VSTS Extension in the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace, which allows organizations to manage builds and releases of OutSystems applications through VSTS.
- Jenkins CI/CD Server Integration: A supported extension to enable the management of OutSystems application lifecycles with the popular open source Jenkins continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling in a DevOps operation.
- LifeTime DevOps Advanced Deployment Options: Functional enhancements granting more flexibility when planning deployments and improved user interface to search and select applications to be deployed, useful for DevOps teams managing large environments with hundreds or thousands of applications deployed.
- Test Framework: Test Framework is a test management tool that allows automation and orchestration of Unit Testing using BDD Framework Tests, UI Tests, API Testing and Mobile Testing, enhancing collaboration between development, QA, and operations departments.
Green Lemon Company are a UK partner to OutSystems providing development and consultancy services on the platform. Do contact us to find out how OutSystems can transform your software delivery capability.
Share this Post